Thursday, January 19, 2012

The adventure of eating out, thank you Treehuggers.

On Monday evening I believe, Mark and I opted for dinner out! We played it somewhat safe, thanks to our Groupon, and hit up Treehuggers. I absolutely love Treehuggers and they were beyond accommodating and easy to talk to. I wish I would have remembered to take pictures on my phone and upload them directly, but, they made me a panini that was on gluten-free bread, grilled zuccini with a red pepper pesto spread. I had to substitute breaded zuccini for the grilled, and another type of spread for the red pepper pesto. It came with curried carrot salad, but after 2 bites I was sure it was not necessarily for me! We did do the sweet potato fries, which may or may not have fallen under what we are "allowed" to eat, but if they werent, I was glad that I fell off the wagon with these! It was nice how they really made sure I was aware of what was going into my panini, and that they were willing to work with me to substitute or leave out certain items. The setting is awesome, they have tweaked the inside slightly, and the tiny twinkle lights were neat. They also have a lot of take home goodies, although my son was the only one that benefited from that. You can buy their gluten-free bread, which is fantastic, and they have vegan bakery and sorts of fun things!

How are we doing you might ask? We are doing alright, doing the absolute best that we are able to do. In reading the chapters each night it is so interesting to really think about the things she says and realize what you are going through in attempting this process. On a bright note, without dairy and without gluten, my sinuses have been so clear, and my reflux has been nearly non-existent. It is interesting to see how things like that effect you and you might not even realize it.

Drive safe.
Namaste!

1 comment:

  1. Amy
    Thank you for the article on Treehuggers. I am so glad you had a great visit. We are striving everyday to make everybodys visit more enjoyable and accomidating. Hope to see you again soon
    Eric

    ReplyDelete