Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Ginger Root Cleansing Soup

I found a recipe in the Bon Appetite (again, thank you to my wonderful Aunt Margie for sending it to me and to Mark) that was for a ginger root chicken soup. The pictures do not do it justice, I promise you that, but I wanted to upload them regardless because I am proud of Mark and I...basically Mark for cutting up the organic whole chicken that I picked up at Earth Fare. We did not eat this last night for dinner, however, I brought it with me for lunch today. I used shrimp chips to dip in it, and it was very good. The chicken was nearly perfectly seasoned from all the goodies we included. Mark and I both agree that the broth was extremely oily, but since you can't necessarily eat large portions of this at a time, it might be alright. One good lesson I learned, ginger root is very, very powerful! The entire house smelled of ginger!

No comments:

Post a Comment