Monday, January 16, 2012

WEEKEND DETOX HAPPENINGS



Happy Monday everyone! Sorry that it has been a few days, I am sure that you were all on the edge of your culinary seats...we survived our first week of the detox, and somewhat shocked ourselves. We are learning quite a bit about our kitchen and each other! Friday was the hardest day for us because we had used all of our creativity (and groceries) by Friday morning so we were left scrambling somewhat on meals. Lunch that day I headed to Giant Eagle's salad bar, which happened to be a large disappointment, but I spruced it up to the best of my ability. Snacks have been fresh fruit, and a lot of it! When dinner rolled around, and our original plans changed from Chipotle with my family, we were left struggling. We went for the vegan pizza crust and made a simple tomato and garlic pizza. The crust was a bit dry, but I used some olive oil and pepper to drizzle and that helped tremendously. Here are some pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment