Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Breakfast cookies complete and Michael Symon




Sunday night I attempted the breakfast cookies from the back of the book, Quantum Wellness, which our cleanse reflects. My biggest hangup on the entire cleanse is what do we do for breakfast? These cookies seemed to be the answer, or so I thought! The recipe calls for peanut butter, which I substituted almond butter since I am allergic to peanuts, and, I tried 2 stores for the goji berries and could not find them, so we went without! The other ingredients were easy to find, raw almond, bananas, pumpkin seeds...I actually made these while Mark and I watched Wasted with Michael Symon on the Food Network. Talk about a wake up call, that show was remarkable and really shows how unrealistic our standards are as Americans, if you weren't able to catch it, I am sure the Food Network will be re-airing it. And it has Michael Symon, yay for local boys making a difference! Anyhow, I actually really enjoy these cookies, but they are not a go to breakfast for me, they are however, my comfort food for late night! When the snackies hits me around 8:30-9:00 p.m., I make a cup of hot herbal orange tea and grab a cookie and it is completely satisfying! I would like to try it with an apple juice base as opposed to a pomegranate juice base, and bless my boss's heart but he brought me parchment paper, so then next time I make them it may go down a bit easier...oh, I also have to think the sister of the year for letting me take her Ninja food processor so I could make said cookies. Natalie is a long time vegetarian and will do anything to promote this diet in Mark and I!

Just so I am clear, the final outcome of the cookies is not the more flattering of pictures, but they are so good and satisfying!!!

Namaste!


No comments:

Post a Comment