Sunday, January 1, 2012

The decision...

Good afternoon one and all, I hope that this New Year's day finds you all happy and healthy, focused with a positive outlook for the year ahead of all of us. Let me introduce myself, my name is Amy and I am about to embark on a 21 Quantum Wellness detox cleanse. I am not alone, thankfully, my husband, Mark will be joining me on this venture. This particular detox is being offered through my local yoga studio. As many yoga studios this time of year, they are offering excellent opportunities to reset your system. Although I have yet to read the book this detox will follow, the basic guidelines are as follows: NO sugar, NO animal, NO gluten, NO animal bi-product, NO alcohol and NO caffeine. I would be certain I am missing certain key components, however, you get get the basic foundation of the detox. Over the course of the 21 days we will meet 4 times at the yoga studio to meet with fellow "detoxers" to exchange recipes and to support one another through various yoga flows. The actual detox will begin Sunday, January 8.

A few questions to be answered I am sure...first of all, why did I decided to do this, and why am I pulling poor Mark into it with me; and, what does this blog have to do with the detox? Although Mark and I basically live a health lifestyle, there is always room for improvement. The bottom line, I have gained 15 lbs in the last 6 months, and the bulk of it being gained since I began grad school at the start of September. Prior to starting grad school I practiced yoga regularly, 3 or 4 time each week. Once school began that quickly dwindled to once if I was lucky enough. In scaling back my yoga practice I did not, however, scale back my eating habits. Lets be honest, I like to eat! In moving forward I knew that I had to begin my new year with a drastic approach to weight, health and life in general, and wanted to more than anything to have Mark along with me on this journey. So, against what he would call his better judgment, he agreed to join me. We have registered with the studio and are on our way! Why the blog? Why not! I have already had quite a few people ask me a series of questions about the why, the how, the when...what better way to please the masses and give all the answers here! I am laughing right now, no, no, no, I do not have all of the answers, but, I would like to document for myself, Mark and anyone else that a lifestyle transition may or may not be as hard as one would think. I am not entirely sure how this will go down, but we will have a lot of laughs in the interim!

Here is the breakdown:
Mark is 6'3 and roughly 210 lbs
I am 5'3 and roughly 140 lbs

I have not taken our formal measurements to date, however, will be sure to get those posted some time this week.

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment