Monday, January 16, 2012

MORE DETOX FROM THE WEEKEND
















Here are some pictures from basically the only other recipe that we attempted this weekend. It was given to me by Frank (my boss) and it involves several long steps...those are cannelloni beans (I may or may not have spelled that correctly) that you soak in water overnight, then drain from that water and then cook the beans in some olive oil, sage, an entire head of garlic and some peppercorn. You cook those for several hours. When you drain the beans you save the liquid they cooked up in for the next process. Once those are done you can just salt and pepper and enjoy!

The second phase is the soup you see pictured. You use a few cups of the beans, a few cups of the juice they cooked in and mix in tomato, carrots and celery. Now, we used a rice noodle and we temporarily forgot that they get milky and sticky, so the liquid of our soup was milky and thicker than I had hoped. It was a good, filling, warm dinner last night. There is quite a bit leftover, and Frank told me another option for the leftover beans, make a bean dip! I will be attempting that tonight I hope!

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment